Search

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Video project

Making this video was a ton of work. It took probably 6-8 hours. But in the end I like how it turned out. If it were up to me the video would be a bit longer and in more detail (about 4 minutes long). I would use this in a classroom setting on a "culture Friday" (in the Utah curriculum it is expected that students learn about the culture of the target language and I think that something such as a culture Friday is a must!) I would talk about the history of the pastry and then show the video. I would then hand out the pastries that I made and then as a class talk about what we think and compare it to the American culture. I don't know how often I would make these videos since they are so time consuming, but for recipes I like the idea that students can go home and do it on their own and share with friends and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment