Search

Monday, June 7, 2010

Using Software tools to enhance language learning

I have been doing some research and have found some fun tools that students could use to enhance their language learning:
  • Word of the day This could be a fun little thing that students could look up and learn on top of what they do in class
  • Babbel the vocabulary trainer here is especially fun to use, best of all the entire package is free. While this is a great tool I don't know how great it would be in a classroom, I think I would just use things like the vocab trainer etc... since I think that real conversation is extremely important in order to learn a language
  • games are a fun way to get students to have fun in the class room
  • This game would be a great vocab review, I think I would use it and try to see who can get the best score!
  • this site is fun but I would use it for younger students it's nice because you can click on things and they are said a loud and so the student can hear what it should sound like.
These tools are great and I would want to use them, but we would have to make sure that students can be in a lab to use all these tools. We would also have to make sure that students don't just go looking for tools on their own, I found somethings that I wouldn't want students to use like a German "Russian roulette" chat etc...

No comments:

Post a Comment